Saturday 8 November 2008

Night out and food

Having a blog that no one reads is good for people who like to laugh at their own jokes. I do. That's probably because I'm hilarious. However, for better or worse, there are people who read this. Some of them hope to check up on me, see how I've been. For them I keep most of my posts happy, because mostly I'm happy. Others specifically look at events, to know what I've done. And others, I'm sure look between the lines to see what deep message pertaining to the state of my psyche they can gleam. There usually isn't anything there. I like having fun, loving and being loved and usually stay mentally healthy.

Last night I went out for dinner and she told me to try and behave in front of her friends. Well, I suggested that we should refrain from too many public displays of affection, if I am to be taken seriously as a boyfriend. It went quite well. I really like spending time with her friends and it was good to see some good responses on their part. We ate unhealthily together, which was nice. I don't often eat badly although I talk about it a lot, so I think a lot of people get the idea that I eat terribly all the time. For those who aren't sure: I don't. For every time I sit down to a large tandoori pizza by myself or indulge in a late-night kebab or breakfast Cherry Ripe, there's many weeks of healthy eating. I love all foods, so I probably eat more than I should, but overall, what I eat is healthy for me. But it was nice to share this unhealthy meal together. We definitely had fun.

A guy who used to live at college, but still always hangs around anyway, gave us a late-night music quiz, which was cool. He had some real classics in there. I was in awe of his ability to select famous songs that people would know, but weren't always obvious. It made me think how much music helps me. Mum's a music teacher, so she has a great appreciation for it. I've developed wide tastes in music because of this. There are very few styles of music I won't go for. It's a lot like that with food.

I adore foods. All foods. There isn't a food I can name off the top of my head that I don't like. How many people have you met like that? Chicken's feet. Yum! Haggis. So good! Tongue with onions. Delicious, despite the weird texture. Brussels sprouts. Oh boy, yeah. All the classic pet hates: bananas, tomatoes, mushrooms, etc. Love 'em all.

She likes to cook. I like to eat. Perfect match.

Get out there and eat something different, y'all.

TheSovietChairman

P.S. I also like to cook, but I'm not very good...

P.P.S. If you've had a fulfilling life and think your time has come, I recommend filling a small bowl with Fruit Loops then covering that with grated tasty cheese. Put the bowl in the microwave until the cheese has just melted. The fruit loops should be just a little soft. Sit down in front of your favourite show. Eat. Smile. Wait for death. It was probably worthy it.

P.P.P.S. It was the french girl who stole my towel!

2 comments:

  1. ah, so here's the origins of the Fruit Loops with grated cheese :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much-- a classic dish!

    ReplyDelete