Thursday 27 November 2008

Post-exam...ness...

"Oh, Jen. Don't Be such an old fuddy duddy. The world has changed. If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran."

-- Roy, The IT Crowd

I'm glad they're over. So very very glad. I'm so glad in fact, that I feel quite nauseous. I don't care about the results. I put in all the work I could for the time I had left. I should have started earlier, but my resolve didn't kick in until later than I'd like. Certain signals made it clear that it would be best if I didn't fail.

Let's hope I didn't.

Now I can manage my regime of daily jogs and healthy eating. First things first, though. Hit the pub for a burger and play video games until my eyeballs bleed.

Congratulations to everyone who made it through our ridiculous exam schedule.

I'd like to especially thank a friend who helped pull us all through. His 3am tutorials and genuine concern demonstrate his very selfless nature. Thanks, mate. I really couldn't have done it without you.

My thoughts are with my beautiful baby, partying it up Queensland way. She's enduring gloomy rain, when our dear old Melbourne has been eternally bathed in a warm glow. Perfect beach weather. Wrong end of the country. Send it her way. It'll serve her better. It's just making the students who still have exams weep for freedom.

I'm very tired.

Sweet dreams,

TheSovietChairman

No comments:

Post a Comment