Thursday 16 July 2009

Pigmask soldier vector (Mother 3)

Here's something. Using this little piggy (a pigmask army soldier sprite, courtesy of Nintendo, from the GBA game, Mother 3) I decided that, using none of my own artistic talent, I would create as close vector version of this little piggy, using the original colours and approximating any intended detail (to a minimal extent), as I possibly could. Once you've got your head around that last sentence, check it out.

Here's the little piggy





And here's the vector approximation. Pretty huh? If it were up to me, he'd have red leather gloves, shiny, black leather boots with straps and other nice things, but... that wasn't the point of the exercise. Also here's a nice comparison. Enjoy.

TheSovietChairman

5 comments:

  1. Could you upload the vector file itself? I really want this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries :). I'll but up my old laptop and have a look for the file. It's currently waaaay to early in the morning, but when the sun comes up, I'll get on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I'll be waiting. Until then, I'll try live tracing it in illustrator and see how that works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, sorry dude! Totally forgot.

      On it now.

      Delete
    2. Okay, here's the link:

      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11119577/pig.svg
      and this one:
      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11119577/pig2.svg

      Delete