Thursday 22 October 2009

Cross the grass

Okay, that's done. Now there's gravel for a few feet. Now a concrete step. Another. Another. Still a few more. Do we need to count them? Yes. Here goes. One more, then we're at the top. N...n...now.

Where to from here? Ah, more path. Keep following. No choices about direction yet. Gotta keep thinking this through. There are people everywh- STOP!

Don't think about it. Don't you dare think about-

Got it. I won't think abou- Ah! You nearly did it again! Just get back to walking.

More concrete. Wait. What's that? There are buildings or something with doors and I could go in them or I could go around. Around where?

Too many questions. Just like the question of-

Shut. It.

Shut your head. Deal with everything later. Just shut it off. There. Much easier. Now we must name everything in front of us. Slowly.

Hmmm...

My arm appears to have been ripped off.

Ah. This part might be hard to navigate. Another sense is kicking in. Pain? Aural pain? No, just a loud sound. What makes that sound? Sirens? Sirens are good. At least with all the noise, I won't be reminded of-

Shit.

All the while, part of my head is saying: "WEFI'MUCIKYREFWAULIFECYKNOUOTFUOUCKFWISEUTHTOOKCEIOUTNGKHIMYMTHYOUATNIIGHNTCATWHISN'TEN'TNYOTSTLIFEOUNEARHURTLYDAISTANDNDDN'TTMYELTHELMHEEYOARTTHOUWBEARANDABLERGHETETHTHACOREWTYOUCOCOPINGUITLDDOTHAAWATMINYG"

1 comment:

  1. I'm somewhat hopeful that your arm can be replaced with bionics.

    Of course, I don't really mean that though.

    ReplyDelete