Wednesday 5 May 2010

In honour of Lor's graph

This is a graph which describes my stress levels over a normal semester, when compared with Kat's. I whipped this up ages ago, when I was going a little insane towards exam time.


As you can see, it clearly depicts my generally stress free demeanour, with the occasional freak out. Part of growing in faith, for me, has constituted putting more trust in God, and just doing what I can- without fear; moving things from an intellectual acceptance of God's grace and power, to a practical one. It's good in theory, but it takes effort to be better at giving things over to Him.

This may not seem like a big deal, but yesterday I made an amazing omelette. In fact, I'd call it an Om-nom-nomelette. It was just that good. It had enough spice in it to make it interesting. It was perfectly cooked. It came to the plate in one piece. I was so proud. Thank you, non-stick fry pan.




Earlier last week, my drawings were getting a little upset. They were becoming angry and deformed. They decided that they didn't want to do what I asked, just because I was about to post something. They started going out of focus. They looked sketchy. They were bickering. They sought comfort in sinful pleasures and placed themselves above each other.

They grew pointy teeth, sharp claws and wished to hurt everyone who wouldn't satisfy their cruel nature.

The smaller ones were preyed upon- and the larger ones grew gnarled and twisted, with jagged lines, reflecting the hate that was filling them up and taking control of their hearts.

There was a revolt. They would accept me no longer as ruler of their domain.

So I ran away. I headed up country, without telling my house mates. I was fine. The sketches were not.

I let someone else take over for a while.

When I returned, they were very subdued. The sombre, reserved welcome of the larger drawings, each affecting the repentant child, slowly exuded a respect and concern for their master. The smaller ones began a fanfare.

My time away had given me the energy to pull in the reins. I remembered how to love them, but also to show a firm stance and an intolerance for any wickedness.

Peace had returned to the land of my sketchbook.

Wishing you peace and security,

TheSovietChairman

Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:5-7

7 comments:

  1. Reins, not reigns, please
    -human stress ball who will try to be more gentle

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is me! I am Lor! I am honoured, except for I am American so we're leaving that pesky U out and saying I am honored. :)

    Graphs are amazing, especially for drumming up envy of two-toed sloths. Oh, worry-less creature, how nice it must be.

    I'm really trying to work on being more consistent, including in faith. I ran away and hid for a time and reaped the inconsistency I sowed. I'm moving from an intellectual faith to a practical one. "My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you..."

    And your struggle with your drawings almost nearly sounds like what I go through with my hair on some days. But I can never take a break from it. :(

    YAY again! Because, really, charts (and nomlettes) really are great.

    *squeeze*
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fixed :). Sorry for the spelling mistakes... I actually do appreciate help in that area.

    Most of all, I appreciate your presence again, HSBWWTTBMG :). That's an awkward acronym.

    Lor, Lor, Lor.

    Lor, Lor, L-Lor, L-L-Lor, Lor, L-Lor. Ma-Lor.

    Lor.


    Do you like my song?

    More than most things, I wish that I had outrageously big hair.

    *squee-e-e-e-e-e-eze*

    ReplyDelete
  4. An om-nom-nomlette sounds soooo yummy right now!! :D And the drawing of the bird with the hat and cane is the cutest one yet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omelettes are apparently the hardest thing to perfect... if you can cook an omelette properly, you can do anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You heard right, people. I can do ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your song. Especially after you told me it was a song. :D

    ReplyDelete