Thursday 28 October 2010

Looking back...

...is something I really like to do.

I often wonder what my children will think when they look at how their father used to make shapes out of felt and how he used to write about nothing in particular. Almost every day.

My father's pretty groovy. He can be a handful sometimes. So can I. But he's looked after me all my life. My mother's a great listener. She is slower to judge and will try and understand things, even if her initial impression of a situation is way off.

I love both my parents.

What will our children think of their strange father and beautiful, energetic mother? Will I still be making (not)chickens and reminiscing? Will my sketches be the same? I might go back to the sketches for a while.

Or perhaps not. After all, the turtle fellow did just arrive.

Even if your day didn't start out so fantastic, I hope it got better. I hope it surprised you by being better than you could have hoped.

The future is bright.

♥TSC

1 comment:

  1. I think looking back is a very valuable exercise..I think that's one of the reasons I started journalling and then later blogging. You see where you've been, see where you are now and where you want to go :). And you can see how God's been working throughout :).

    ReplyDelete