Wednesday 12 October 2011

If I leave it blank, the web address won't match the title

I don't like choosing a title first, and heaven knows I can't be bothered composing anything in a text document first- not with Google's fantastic auto-saving and browser-crash-proof text editing. The problem is this: I haven't got a theme I'd like to write on. I'm getting a little sick of poring over photos of figures, guests and wild flowers. I want to write, but I haven't got a topic.

I looked over old writings with great disappointment. I really enjoy reading things like the Stories No One Wants To Hear. I like the way my writing follows my own pattern of speech- an odd combination of pedantic grammar (which sounds strange when spoken by anyone but myself) and idiosyncratic turns of phrase. My father likes to comment upon the latter whenever he hears other people using them.

My spelling was, and remains, atrocious.
Reading over that old post reminded me of some recent sad news. A friend of mine has climbed so far inside her own head that she's kind of stuck. She's had a lot of difficulty in the past, and she seemed to be going from strength to strength. Now, I'm not so sure.

Have you ever met someone who is extremely clever, yet missing a few key cogs which might have otherwise facilitated a practical and functioning world view? A mission of kindness has served me well so far. I will explain this in a minute.

I'm not very thoughtful, but I'm happy to work hard for other people. I will travel across country to meet you, and I'll skip meals to pay for train tickets. I'm an extrovert. And I probably want to hang out with you. Just don't expect me to remember to do things for you. I'll dig you a new garden, but it might take me a while to remember to do anything other than to stare into your beautiful (or otherwise) eyes.

(I'm sure they are beautiful.)

Kindness. A good measure of whether or not an interaction is appropriate is to judge whether it could be called "kind". Someone might not "deserve" your kindness- but if an action is actively "unkind", then it's probably the wrong one. Look for another way. "Cruel to be kind" rarely works outside of children. Cruel is just cruel.

I like the new way I now make (not)chickens- it's clean, it's super quick and it doesn't look half bad. I have a sketch pad beside me. My new scanner captures my scribbles. I then run a quick filter over them to clean up my pen lines.

Mercy, I'm boring.

Here: Read a cute story of a date that totally wasn't a date. Or was it?

Nope. It wasn't.

The end.

TSC.


No comments:

Post a Comment